Diocesan Museum in Sandomierz
The Diocesan Museum is located in a Gothic house founded in 1476 by Jan Długosz, historian and Sandomierz canon, for vicars of the local collegiate church. The museum was established in 1902 by the efforts of Father Józef Rokoszy (d. 1931). It has been located at the Dłogosz House since 1937. The core of the collection are items assembled by Father Jan Wiśniewski (d. 1943). The exposition was arranged by Karol Estreicher Jun from Kraków. The Museum possesses sacred art, paintings, sculptures, craft objects, and patriotic memorabilia from the town of Sandomierz and the Sandomierz Diocese, as well as musical documents. Among the highlights are Ignacy Skurski's 1774 square piano, a positive organ from the 1st quarter of the 17th century, and a church music pulpit.